2019 Kindling Fund Social & Awards Ceremony
3:00 PM TO 5:00 PM
Celebrate our 5th year of Kindling Fund projects on Saturday, January 19th from 3:00p – 5:00p, and toast to a group of artists who represent some of Maine’s most exciting contemporary art practices.
The Kindling Fund supports inventive, artist-organized projects that engage the public and the visual arts in and meaningful ways. This year, SPACE has awarded a total of $65,000 to 14 Maine-based artists for its 2019 cycle of The Kindling Fund. Funded projects value risk, experimentation, unconventional engagement, critical dialogue, and encourage collaboration.
This year’s grantees are:
- Chris Battaglia – The Village Canoe
- Adriane Herman – Emotional Value Auction
- Isaac Jaegerman and collaborators Franklin Ahrens, Henry Austin, Alice Jones, Hector Magaña, Cody Stack – New Systems Exhibitions
- Daniel Quintanilla and collaborator Shuab Ahmed Mahat – Maine to Dadaab
- Derek Jackson – Maine Center for Blah Blah Blah
- Devon Kelley-Yurdin and collaborator Nicole Em – Going for It: An Experimental/Amateur Talent Show
- Irina Skornyakova – Satellite Space
- Hope Rovelto – Giving Voice
- Jenny Brillhart and collaborator Goody B. Wiseman – Project Room
- Bianca Sturchio and collaborator Riel Sturchio – Chasing Light
- Galen Koch and collaborators Greta Rybus, Josie Holtzman, and Isaac Kestenbaum – The First Coast: Lubec Sound Walk
- Alana Dao and collaborator meg willing – A Clearing
- Caroline Losneck and collaborator Kelly Sue Rioux – Bus Stop Stories
- Pat Corrigan and collaborators Greg Jamie and Jeremy Robinson – The Apohadion
Administered by SPACE, The Kindling Fund is one of fourteen nationwide re-granting programs established by the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts.
For more information about the Warhol Foundation’s expanded network in 2019, read this Hyperallergic article “The Andy Warhol Foundation Is Expanding Its National Reach” and announces $1.4 million in re-granting giving in 2019.
For more information about the program and details on how to apply, please visit kindlingfund.org