Creative Community Exchange
Join New England leaders to exchange innovative ideas, strengthen our network, and offer practical advice on building our creative communities. We will explore the creative assets of New England and learn how – through connections, influence, vision, leadership, and patience – the creative sector continues to breathe life and opportunity into the region.
Workshops will highlight “creative place-making” initiatives from cities and towns of ALL sizes throughout New England. Topics will include:
- Physical and organizational infrastructure to attract and retain cultural assets (cultural plans, zoning, real estate development).
- Collaborations within the creative sector (cultural nonprofits, creative businesses, artists, entrepreneurs working together).
- Leadership from within or from outside the creative sector (cultural plan implementation, program development).
- Creative partnerships across sectors (“creative bedfellows” developing language to bridge gaps in understanding between arts, creative, government, etc.)
- Creative community in context (outcomes and effects of a thriving creative community)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Creative sector leader? Engage in creative place-making? Research or support the creative economy?
Participants are creative and cultural community leaders who work on creative economy initiatives in various sectors and types of organizations including cultural nonprofits, creative businesses, economic development, city planning, funders, researchers, and government.
This CCX will immerse participants in Portland’s vibrant Arts District, a downtown area that has experienced a remarkable story of revitalization through a focus on the arts, culture, education, and creative inspiration. Locations include: Maine College of Art (Event hub), Community Television Network, Portland Stage, Space Gallery, and the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies.