Field of Vision Shorts
Field of Vision is a filmmaker-driven documentary unit that commissions and creates original short-form nonfiction films about developing and ongoing stories around the globe. They produce cinematic work that tells the stories of our world from new perspectives.
Inspired by past projects such as World in Action and Life magazine, their work includes individual films, episodic series, thematic approaches to a single topic by multiple filmmakers, deep-dive investigations pairing filmmakers with journalists, rapid-response assignments and collaborations with artists across mediums. We are committed to short-form because it allows filmmakers to respond quickly, take creative risks, reach wide audiences, explore new ways of storytelling and make movies with a faster production cycle than is possible with long-form documentaries
Field of Vision is committed to making cinematic work that tells the stories of our world from different perspectives and was co-created by Laura Poitras (CITIZENFOUR), AJ Schnack (Cinema Eye Honors, NOMINATION) and Charlotte Cook (Hot Docs).
- PEACE IN THE VALLEY Michael Palmieri and Donal Mosher (15 min.)
- BEST OF LUCK WITH THE WALL Josh Begley (7 min.)
- PROJECT X Laura Poitras and Henrik Moltke (10 min.)
- THE ABOVE Kirsten Johnson (8 min.)
- CONCERNED STUDENT 1950 Adam Dietrich, Varun Bajaj and Kellan Marvin (32 min.)
- SPEAKING IS DIFFICULT AJ Schnack (16 min.)
Followed by a live video chat with Field of Vision co-creator and filmmaker AJ Schnack.